If you’re seriously looking for ways to greatly improve your Shaw rental property, merely upgrading your lighting is certainly a very good start. Installing new lighting can make your rental look more beautiful and downright appealing to potential tenants, increase the value of your property, and assist you to keep your rates competitive. This blog post will take up the most common lights you need to install in your rental property and why they are vital. We’ll, in like manner, furnish tips on choosing the right light fixtures for your needs.
Types of Lighting
When talking about lighting your rental property, you should install three main kinds: ambient lighting, task lighting, and accent lighting.
Ambient Lighting. Ambient lighting is light that fills a room with overall or general illumination. This style of light is vital for making a space feel comfortable and appealing. It’s, more than that, very significant for safety to help prevent dangerous trips and falls. You can easily set up ambient lighting in your rental property by using and mounting ceiling lights, wall sconces, or floor lamps.
Task Lighting. Task lighting is set up to better light specific room areas where people work. This kind of light is fundamental for creating a well-lit workspace and reducing eye strain. You can set up task lighting in your rental property by adding desk lamps, pendant lights, or track lighting.
Accent Lighting. Accent lighting is applied to highlight specific features of a room or to create a specific mood and ambiance. This kind of light can accentuate architectural features, artwork, or furniture. You can affix accent lighting to your rental property by adding recessed lights, track lighting, or wall sconces.
Choosing the Right Lighting Fixtures
When choosing lighting fixtures for your rental property, it’s imperative to get fixtures that are quite durable and convenient to keep clean. This can make light fixtures last longer and make maintenance so much simpler over the long run. Additional factors you should also consider include:
- The size of the room: Be certain to pick out fixtures that are proportional to the size of the room.
- The style of the property: Choose fixtures that complement the style of your property.
- The wattage of the bulbs: Be sure to select bulbs with the appropriate wattage for each fixture.
- The color temperature of the light: Choose a light bulb with a comfortable color temperature for tenants.
- The price: Choose fixtures that fit your budget.
Benefits of Upgrading Your Light Fixtures
Upgrading your light fixtures can have quite a lot of advantages for property owners, including:
- Increased property value: Adding new lighting can improve the appearance and value of your rental property.
- Attracting more tenants: Undoubtedly, new lighting can make your rental property finer and more appealing to potential tenants.
- Keeping rates competitive: Upgrading your lighting can certainly assist you to keep your rental rates competitive.
As we have seen, putting up new lighting in your rental property can be a wonderful way to easily improve the look and feel of your space. It can especially help increase the value of your property and attract more tenants. By minding the instructions in this blog post, you can easily choose the right fixtures for your needs.
Still, upgrading your rental property raises multiple really important questions. If you are indeed looking for some expert advice on upgrades that will furnish you with the biggest return for every dollar you spend, contact one of our professional Shaw property managers. You can call 202-269-0303 or contact us online.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.