Tenants are required to give a 30 day notice prior to vacating the property.
MAKE SURE YOU GET AS MUCH OF YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT BACK AS POSSIBLE!
Here we have provided instructions for the proper move out procedure. We know you will have a lot to keep track of during this transition. We hope this will make it more clear and organized for you. If you do have any questions, please call us at (202) 269-0303.
An inspection will be done only after all your personal property has been removed and you have cleaned the property. At that time you need to take the keys to the office. We consider you still living at the property until the keys are turned in. Rent will be charged until RPM receives keys and garage door remote – do NOT leave keys at the property. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RE-ENTER THE PROPERTY AFTER ALL KEYS HAVE BEEN TURNED INTO THE OFFICE.
The better the condition of the property when you leave, the faster the deposit can be sent out. You will need to give us your forwarding address to send your deposit refund to. If you vacate the property prior to the end of the lease term, you will still be responsible for the rent during the remaining term of the lease. However, we will do our best to try and lease the property.
- Remove all trash and personal items from home and yard.
- Clean all appliances thoroughly, including microwave, range hood, etc. Clean sinks, cabinets and drawers.
- The carpeting must be professionally cleaned and receipt turned in with keys.
- Wash non-carpeted floors. Remove stains and marks.
- Wash walls carefully; pay special attention to areas around light switches, hallways doors and baseboards.
- Clean all windows. Secure all screens and remove cobwebs inside and out.
- Make needed repairs to screens and screen doors.
- Clean and disinfect the bathrooms thoroughly.
- Repair or have repaired any damage you or your pets have caused.
- Discontinue your phone services at least 24 hours before vacating.
- If your are responsible for the lawn care: Mow, trim and remove debris from yard.
- Make arrangements to have your trash picked up before you discontinue service.
- Do not place trash and garbage in the recyclable cans, fine may apply.
__ Clean Vents
__ Clean Vents
__ Clean all knobs
__ Sink /tub/shower
__ Grass mowed
__ Clean all Light Fixtures
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.